Thursday, 18 December 2014 06:47
At his annual end-of-year news conference, Russian President Vladimir Putin said Thursday that Moscow aimed to restore political unity to Ukraine, but Kiev must respect all regions if it wanted peace.
He insisted that the more than 20 percent plunge in the rouble would stabilize, blaming “outside factors” for the currency’s fall. "Our economy will get out of this crisis. How long? Maybe two years, but after that, growth is inevitable," Putin said. He estimated that Western sanctions accounted for roughly 25-30 percent of the rouble’s decline, but also admitted that the central bank could have acted sooner. He accepted that Russia had failed to diversify its economy and relied too heavily on its oil and gas exports.
Thursday, 18 December 2014 02:48
Jordan on behalf of the Palestinians Wednesday night filed a motion with the UN Security Council demanding an end to Israel’s “occupation” and the creation of a Palestinian state by 2017. Negotiations were to wind up within a year. Arab spokesmen agreed that the text was still a work in progress with no date for a vote. DEBKAfile: Thus far, the Palestinians have not raised the 9 out of 15 members required for a vote on their motion. The US has warned they face a veto.
They were emboldened in their move by a European Union parliament vote this week to recognize a Palestinian state “in principle,” hours after removing the Hamas extremists from the union’s terrorist blacklist.
Thursday, 18 December 2014 01:46
Thursday, 18 December 2014 01:05
Thursday, 18 December 2014 00:46
Thursday, 18 December 2014 00:45
Thursday, 18 December 2014 00:00
Wednesday, 17 December 2014 23:41
Wednesday, 17 December 2014 23:31
Wednesday, 17 December 2014 23:10
Wednesday, 17 December 2014 23:01
Wednesday, 17 December 2014 22:25
- Demand: Prosecute Provocative Fashion Show Organizers
- Ben-Ari: I Get Raided, Zoabi Gets Away Scot-Free
- Anti-Semitic Comic Seeks 'Accord' with French Jewish Leaders
- Israel's Second Largest Bus Company on Strike
- Slomiansky: Lapid Was 'A Nightmare to Work With'
- Liberman Refuses to Meet with Swedish Counterpart
- Liberman, Steinitz: PA Move Will Only Bring War
- Garin Torani Members Spread 'Hanukkah Joy' in Lod
- Video: Welcoming the Bnei Menashe Immigrants
- Shas Members Berate Yishai For 'His Lies'
- MK Feiglin Drops Out of Likud Race for Top Slot