Friday, 27 March 2015 14:18
State Department spokesman Jeff Rathke commented Friday after Israel announced the release of frozen tax revenues to the Palestinian Authority: “We think it’s an important step.” The move, he added, would benefit the Palestinian people. Having a functioning PA is important to stability in the West Bank.
Friday, 27 March 2015 14:17
Somali elite soldiers poured into the Maka-Mukarramah Hotel in Mogadishu, where four al-Shabaab terrorists were holed up Friday after exploding a car at the gate and storming the hotel, which is frequented by government officials. At least nine people were killed in the attack and several civilians trapped inside.
Friday, 27 March 2015 14:01
Friday, 27 March 2015 13:47
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu Friday ordered the release of frozen tax revenues to the Palestinian Authority. The funds were suspended three months after the PA filed war crimes allegations against Israel at the International Court in The Hague. Netanyahu accounted for his decision to release the funds, parts of which will cover PA indebtedness to Israel for electricity, water and medical costs, by the humanitarian distress in the Palestinian area and Israel’s wider interests. “In the deteriorating situation in the Middle East, it behooves us to act responsibly and prudently, while taking a strong stand against extremists.”
Friday, 27 March 2015 13:31
Friday, 27 March 2015 13:23
“Hamas does not fight any Arab regime or any Arab society and does not interfere in the internal affairs of any society," a Hamas representative claimed, despite evidence that it had trained rebels.
Friday, 27 March 2015 12:44
Friday, 27 March 2015 11:55
Friday, 27 March 2015 11:06
Friday, 27 March 2015 10:41
Rouhani's move to reach out to the leaders of the six powers is "hopefully a sign that Iran is ready to make some of the tough decisions," a senior State Department official said.
Friday, 27 March 2015 10:13
Friday, 27 March 2015 09:26
- Israel Releases Frozen Palestinian Authority Tax Funds
- Amsterdam and Schiphol paralyzed by power outage
- Germanwings Co-Pilot 'Hid Depression from Employers'
- France to begin push for UN resolution on Israel-Palestine in 'coming weeks'
- Syria: Islamist Rebels Advance in Fierce Clashes for Idlib
- Iran, six powers demand mutual concessions in tense nuclear talks
- EU Keeps Hamas on Terror List Despite Ruling
- Does Netanyahu Operate Honestly?
- Chief Rabbi Lau Ensures Highway Building Observes Shemittah
- Assad Wants More of the Russian Army in Syria, Middle East
- Rivlin Pays Respects to Singapore's First Prime Minister