Thursday, 24 April 2014 10:47
The defense and foreign affairs cabinet, called into special session Thursday to evaluate the unity pact signed by Mahmoud Abbas’s Fatah and the radical Hamas Wednesday, issued a brief communiqué confirming two decisions: Peace negotiations with Abbas are frozen and economic sanctions will be imposed on the Palestinian Authority "in accordance with developments." No further details were provided.
Thursday, 24 April 2014 07:15
Thursday, 24 April 2014 06:47
Up to 5 pro-Russian militiamen were killed by a Ukrainian army attack Thursday on 3 checkpoints outside the eastern town of Slaviansk. After failing to capture the posts, the soldiers dismantled them and set them on fire. Moscow has repeatedly warned that that it would intervene if pro-Russian citizens came to harm at army hands in Ukraine.
Thursday, 24 April 2014 06:38
PA and Jordan sign nine agreements to strengthen relations in various fields including agriculture, health, and civil defense.
Thursday, 24 April 2014 06:32
Thursday, 24 April 2014 06:24
Thursday, 24 April 2014 06:16
Thursday, 24 April 2014 05:54
Thursday, 24 April 2014 05:52
Thursday, 24 April 2014 05:28
Thursday, 24 April 2014 05:17
A security guard turned his weapon Thursday on the staff he was supposed to be protecting at the CURE hospital in Kabul. Two others were wounded. They are also thought to be physicians. No group has taken responsibility. The gunman was wounded and treated in surgery at the same medical facility under heavy police guard. CURE hospital specializes in child and maternity health.
- Arab Rock Attacker to Pay Israeli Victim NIS 2.5 Million
- J Street Says Israel Must Negotiate With Hamas
- More Jewish sites vandalized in Ukraine
- US to 'Reconsider' Aid to PA if It Joins with Hamas
- Egypt's army says has 'complete control' over Sinai Peninsula
- Israeli Cabinet Mulling Retaliation to Hamas-Fatah Unity Pact
- Abbas-Hamas Deal 'a Tragic Game Changer'
- Obama says further sanctions against Russia “teed up”
- MK Hails 'End of Peace Flirtation' after Fatah-Hamas Unification
- Obama pledges to defend Japan – but no red lines
- Missionary Group Slammed for 'Cynical' Use of Holocaust Imagery