Written by administrator Friday, 20 August 2010 12:16
Last Updated on Thursday, 19 August 2010 16:57 Written by administrator Thursday, 19 August 2010 16:44
2 tablespoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons turmeric
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 lbs beef chuck, with bones or stewing beef
1 onion, peeled
2 ripe medium tomatoes, left whole
5 cups boiling water
6 small boiling potatoes
How to prepare:
- Mix cumin, tumeric, and pepper.
- Put beef in a large pot and sprinkle with salt and spice mixture.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add onion and tomatoes and enough boiling water to cover meat.
- Bring to a boil and skim foam from surface.
- Cover and cook over low heat for about 2 hours.
- Peel the potatoes and add to the soup, if necessary, add water to cover.
Cook over low heat until meat and potatoes are tender (about 1 additional hour) Adjust seasoning, remove onion and tomatoes (optional).
Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 August 2010 21:00 Written by administrator Wednesday, 04 August 2010 14:25
1 chicken leg or 3 drumsticks or 4 wings
Salt and Pepper to taste
Cook the chicken in water to release the fat.
Place chicken on the bottom of a 6 quart pot. Add vegetables and water to cover. Add salt and pepper.
Tumeric is a great spice. Add flavor to the soup and extremely healthy.
Boil soup then simmer for 3 hours.